Developing life-long relationships with your current and future customers has become a more challenging endeavor in recent years with shifting economic realities and constantly evolving socioeconomic ecosystems. One of the most common ways this is accomplished is by ensuring consistency t
hrough all communication channels and by making sure that each message reflects the desired impression on its audience.
Sweating the details is what matters if you what to gain a competitive edge! In today’s hyper competitive business world, consumers feel good knowing they are dealing with a brand which always delivers according to expectations. Take “Amazon Basics” - the branding says it all. Cheap pricing for a straightforward design and functional product which is guaranteed not to fall apart.
Corporate branding is about creating a consistent look and feel across all your company's communications, from marketing materials to social media to packaging. There are many elements that go into creating a strong brand identity, including your logo, website design, color scheme, and tone of voice. Branding guidelines are important for companies in order to maintain their identity and stay consistent with their aesthetic. These guidelines can be applied to the company's logo, colors, fonts and typefaces, slogans, taglines, symbols or any other aspect of the company's visual identity such as photography.
- The logo should always be recognizable as the company's logo.
- The font used for all company communications should also be used on the website and social media channels.
- A color palette should be developed that is used consistently across all platforms and in a way that is harmonious with other brands in the industry.
- A style guide should also be created to specify how a certain typeface or logo is designed if it has a more specific design element than just a few colors
- Ensure corporate photography, images and graphics are checked for quality control before publication. Guidelines set for sizing, image quality, tone etc.
The most important element is consistency in the execution of your branding. You need to be consistent in all your marketing materials, from your website to your social media posts to the way you answer the phone. Consistency will help create a strong association in customers' minds between your business and the qualities you want to be known for.
Some small businesses make the mistake of thinking that they don't need to worry about branding because they're not a big company. This couldn't be further from the truth. Your brand is what sets you apart from your competition and attracts customers – whether you are Amazon or the local independent bookstore, it’s all in the details if you want to get a jump on the competition.